What do you think, are there polar bears in Lapland? Lapland is indeed a place with a rather strange and even magical reputation. There are also some things that people really don't know about Lapland.
Here we have collected a list of some interesting facts about Lapland. Continue reading and you will find if there are polar bears in Lapland or not.
- Did you know that Lapland makes up about one third of Finland's total area.
- Did you know that Finnish Lapland is as big as Belgium, Holland and Switzerland put together.
- Did you know that in Lapland sun is visible around the clock 73 days in the summer.
- Did you know that the only real Santa Claus lives in Finnish Lapland.
- Some might think that there are polar bears in Lapland. Well, that’s not true.
- Did you know that only 3.6% of the Finnish population lives in Lapland.
- Did you know that there lives under 200 000 people in Lapland.
- Did you know that there are 21 municipalities in Lapland.
- The biggest towns in Lapland are Rovaniemi, Kemi and Tornio.
Is there something you would like to know about Lapland? Please let us know in the comments!